Good Planning Matters
You need your projects to land on budget, on time, on scope. That’s why we’re planners. We use best practices to guide, communicate and clearly define roles—ours and yours.
What Makes Our Process Work
- For us, it’s about much more than writing lines of code. From our very first conversation, we’ll design, plan, and work to understand your business.
- You’re an integral part of the team, not a bystander. You’ll have visibility, and we’ll make informed decisions together.
- Developing custom software is inherently complex. We’ll help identify the right technology solution for your unique needs.
We have two ways of working, tuned to your needs: sprint-based approach for larger projects and task-based for smaller projects.
Sprint-Based Approach for Larger Projects
For larger projects, we tackle things in iterative “sprints” – typically scheduled in two-to-three-week increments. This approach allows us to be intentionally flexible and deliver value as quickly as possible.
Depending on your business priorities, we may iterate through a number of sprints before deploying your software, or we may continually roll out new features at the end of each sprint.
Before each sprint begins, we define a to-do list – a task breakdown – and complete necessary design work. This may involve wireframes, technical specifications, estimates or other vital details.
There are always questions that come up, so we’re in regular communication with you and your team throughout.
How Our Sprint-based Approach Works
Other activities might include training, responding to ad hoc requests, or assisting with your IT infrastructure as needed.
Set goals, clarify commitments.
Design and planning
Establish resources, schedule, discover your vision
Set priorities, define tasks, share ballpark estimates, and approve work.
Write code and build apps in an open book dev environment.
Test, get feedback, iterate.
Integrate and deploy
Plan rollouts with your team’s work in mind.
Task-Based, Smaller Projects
For smaller projects, or for ongoing support of an existing solution, we manage your work through a queue of tasks, ordered by priority.
How the Task-based Approach Works
- Choose the hours that make sense for your budget.
- Manage a list of tasks and assign their priority.
- We’ll tackle top priorities first, then further down the list as time allows.
- Each month, review the tasks completed and set priorities going forward.
A Note about Estimates
Estimates are just that: estimates. They’re based on our best understanding of the work to be done and our professional experience, but actual work does vary widely.
It’s important to note that data cleaning and data migration can be especially complex and time-consuming; these tasks are often impossible to estimate before work begins.
Let’s start something!
Speak to one of our expert consultants and learn more about how we can help you develop FileMaker solutions to meet your business needs. During this free consultation, we’ll address your questions, learn more about your business and make what immediate recommendations we can.